01 Dec 5 Home DÉCOR TRENDS OF 2020
As we head into December, you’re probably reflecting on this past year. While we’ve been reflecting, it’s been fun to look back on the home décor trends that emerged in 2020. We have five of our favorites listed below.
1. Vintage Touches – Furniture from the 1800s through the early 1900s would be considered antique or vintage. Vintage details have become a popular theme in home décor this year, not necessarily everywhere, but as special touches or accents in statement pieces.
2. Wicker/Rattan Furniture – You may think of wicker for outdoor furniture, but it has made a comeback for use indoors. Wicker tables or chairs mixed with modern pieces create a blended style of old and new.
3. Bar Cabinet – Instead of having just a cart, people started using cabinets to create a bar area. You can utilize any type of cabinet to turn into a bar and have more storage for your beverages of choice.
4. Navy – The color navy “is the new black” this year. Navy is versatile, classy, and creates a nice contrast. It works with modern or traditional homes, making it a popular choice.
5. Brass – Brass made a comeback this year, too. Mixing metals was also trendy, and brass became more prominent for fixtures and accents from bathrooms to kitchens.
Looking back is fun, but then you have to turn and look ahead. If you’re considering some furniture restoration projects in the future, give us a call. We’d love to give your old furniture a fresh look for the new year!